Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Financial Forum Search :
   Homepage      News      Financial Topics     Finance Resources      Financial Forum  
Financial Forum    Taxes
Finance Discussion Forum

 who gets to claim my son,my x or I ?
I have full custody but he pays a little support.He says hes already prepared his taxes and claimed him.this is not right.Will I get in trouble if I claim him also?...

 when is the deadline for filing taxes in 2007?

 Can anyone offer advice on making taxes less painful when you don't own a home or have kids?
I'm hoping that someone out there can give me some advise on how to relieve my tax burden or at least direct me somewhere that I can find information. The situation is that my husband and I ...

 A new tax to be introduced?
As a government advisor, i led a call to introduce top up fees originally in the early 90s.
Tomorow morning, i am due to give an opinion on taxes to the same govt department. My latest proposal ...

 Has anyone gotten a paper stimulus check yet? Did you get it on time or earlier than the date on IRS website?

 if my rebate was not there this morning. Could it show up during the day today?
I woke up hoping that my rebate would be there but it wasn't. I am in the first number batch. What are the chances that it will show during the day or would I have to wait until tomorrow to see ...

 My husband volunteers to pay child support, it comes from his payroll dept. at his job straight to my savings?
Can I use this money for extra income to buy a house without a court ...

 do i have to pay federal income taxes if I earn UNDER $20,000 a year?
My employer didn't withhold ANY federal taxes. I was told I don't have to pay federal income tax if I earn UNDER $45,000. Since I earned under $20,000, should I pay any taxes. When I ...

 i check the status of my ny state refund and it said?
Your tax return has been processed.A direct deposit of your refund will be initiated on Feb.4,09.what does this mean?...

 how much taxes would come out of $250,000 for the goverment ?
i just need to find out in case i win the lottery or ...

 what's the difference between an accountant and a chartered accountant?
I have an accountant at the moment, he's a chartered accountant. I'm thinking of changing. My accountant is lovely but I just cant take much in that he tells me, it goes in one ear and out ...

 Illegal immigrant and taxes. Can I let someone who is legal use my daughter ssn.?
Trying to work out a deal, I cannot file but If I let someone else claim my daughters is it legal. My daughters fathers are probably going to try to claim them but I want to see If I do something. My ...

 Is there any law in the US that states that one must pay income tax?
not direct or indirect tax. i mean INCOME tax. if so, show me that law.
Additional Details
wartz get a grip its for school. don't post useless crap like that. thanks to everyone ...

 how long does it take for an atm withdrawal to post to your account?

 My employer still has not sent out my 1099's!!!?
What can I do? I've already made 3 attempts, and they keep telling me they will send them out. I'ts been over a month since the last time I called! Now what!? I worked as a Loan Processor. I...

 I filed my taxes and found out that someone had claim my son on their taxes without my consent. What can i do?
I filed my taxes and found out that someone had claim my son on their taxes without my consent. What can i do? As for finding out who and filing legal action.
Additional Details
I filed ...

 what will be the entry of sales tax payable in trading,profit and loss a/c and balance sheet?

 Should I tell my boss I’d like to find the other part-time job? Affect my tax?
I am working from 9am-5pm(M-F). I would like to find a part-time job and work in my off hours, like weekends.
Should I mention it to my full-time job boss or not? I am not going to quit this ...

 Rental Property Deductions?
My husband and I bought a rental property in September. Since we are new at this I am not completely sure what all is tax deductible. Our taxes will be done at HR Block. I am just curious for my own ...

 Does the federal government tax my unemployment benefits? Is a certain amt tax free and then I have to start?
I live in California and my state doesn't tax it but I think the feds do. Right now I don't have them withholding anything, but is there a certain point where I should have them withhold ...

can you write off your prior year tax preperation fees?

Adam H
*I am not an accountant.*
I do believe that as long as you claim under a corporation, you can deduct this item. If you claim as an individual and/or employee then the answer becomes, no, you can not.

In other words, in order to deduct Tax Preparation Fees, you must show it as a business expense.

You should make a quick call to a local company, such as H&R Block, (which I have no affeliation with).

Just my thoughts
Usually write-offs are done only when you will do the "long form". Your tax preparer or software shall be able to advise you if you are better off using the standard deductions or itemized deduction (where write-offs such as professional fees/tax preparation fees may be categorized)


yes you can

If your paid the fees during the tax year for which you are filing, you can claim them as itemized deductions.

Mr Tax Preparer
Yes, you can, Smitty! Personal 1040 tax preparation fees are deductible as a miscellaneous itemized deduction on Schedule A. But please note that 1) this will only help if your total itemized deductions exceeds your standard deduction, and 2) miscellaneous itemized deductions only count in so far as they exceed 2% of your AGI.

Any preparation fees relating to business tax returns are fully deductible on the applicable tax form (Sch. C for sole proprietors, Sch. E. for rental properties, Sch. F for farmers, Form 1065 for partnerships, Form 1120 for corporations, etc).

Check the following link for more details. :-)

Yes you can....HOWEVER....tax preparation fees are miscellaneous itemized deductions, therefore

1. Your total itemized deductions has to exceed the standard deduction for your filing status, otherwise you get no benefit for claiming itemized deductions, AND

2. Miscellaneous itemized deductions are only deductible to the extent that it exceeds 2% of your adjusted gross income (only the amount in excess of 2% of your AGI is deductible).

If your tax prep fees are your only miscellaneous itemized deductions, chances are most likely that you won't be able to claim it.

 Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - 1 - 2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
The Causes and the Results. 0.064
Copyright (c) 2012 FinancialCrisisBlog Thursday, August 28, 2014