Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Financial Forum Search :
   Homepage      News      Financial Topics     Finance Resources      Financial Forum  
Financial Forum    Taxes
Finance Discussion Forum

How cam I lower my tax liability?

I am Singapore resident providing services offshore. Should I set up an offshore company so that no tax?
If I set up an offshore company and sell my services abroad though I am based in Singapore, will I be taxed on the income generated by providing services offshore? Must I declare this offshore income ...

Not a lot of call for questions about any kind of tax in Vietnam is there?
Why could that be?...

my son cashed savings bonds to pay his college tuition. Does he have to claim the interest on his taxes?

Help me. Vote here to abolish inheritance tax. This petition will go to Tony Blair.?
Anybody in the UK who leaves in excess of £285,000 (including their property), now has to pay 40% in tax to the Government.

You can protest about this by either texting 0901 013 1501 YES<...

do you think there should be a cap on high earners state pension entitlement?
If a person as ample resources to enable him/her to enjoy retirement to the highest level do you think it is unfair to suggest they fore go their state pension to assist the lower paid workforce ...

I work for a company 4 days a week and myself 1 day a week ..I have some tax questions.?
Hello all,
I am so very new to this and I am not even sure what questions I need to ask.
My situation is as follows.
I work for x company Monday- Thursday where I have a regular ...

2008 Taxes... Should I wait until Obama takes office?
Or go ahead and file now?...

what are the four systems of filing?

what can we claim, help? uk only?
i am currently getting cont based job seekers £60 a week, my partner was also recently paid off at work due to reduction in work coming in. he was also applying for job seekers but has been sent a ...

Does anyone have the # to Simple Pay Bank with H&R Block to check on refund for 2009?

Additional Details
Thank you for the numbers. My refund was in my account Friday....

Payroll entry question in accounting?
I am really lost. The queston is: Assuming that the payroll for the last week of the year is to be paid on Jan 4 of the following fiscal year, journalize the following entries:
Dec. 30 to ...

Can i write off my dog for tax purposes? Protection of home office!?
I am a contractor, I have an allocated area where I work from home, which I currently write off. Does my dog count as home security service? Should I not then be entitled to write off part of his vet ...

How do you calculate the percentage discount?

NC state tax refund status having issues in changing status of refund?
Filed on 2/10 accepted on 2/11 until the beginning of 2/23 it said allow 4 weeks, then on 2/23 status changed to 20 days, then this morning stated tax information has been received and is in process.....

What percentage do they take out for taxes?Isnt it like 30 percent. This question is for my friend.?
I am not exactly sure on how to ask this question!Help. Thanks....

What do I do now, where do i go from here?
I filed my taxes Sunday, and yesterday i got a call saying that someone else had done claimed him. I am so mad. I dont understand how anyone could get all that information about him..... NO ONE knows ...

If income tax was abolished in the USA and replaced by a flat sales tax, what % would that tax need to be? ?
Assume that the tax revenue stays where it is. Without getting too ideological what are the disadvantages of doing this (replacing income tax with a flat sales tax)?
Assume capital gains and ...

Is jackson -hewitt a good place to get taxes done?
In north carolina...if not suggestions?...

Should US companies that move work overseas lose all their tax exemptions?
Just wondering what people think. This is a new global world but America still needs jobs here and maybe if we eliminate all the tax breaks for those companies that ship work out of country it will ...

Angela T
IRS states that I am receiving letter number 4464?
Please tell me what is IRS letter number 4464?
Additional Details
I called the irs because there is no infor on where is my refund. The rep states that I am receiving letter 4464

melissa
Rating
how did you find out they are sending a letter ?

Wonder B
Rating
I received same letter, I contacted irs the first CSR didn't know either cause he said something about secondary tin so I called back and the lady said it was still being processed. I used turbotax and I think they put us all in under one sequence (001) instead of individually like 002, 003, etc.

Lucious
Rating
has anyone gotten update on this. I to received this 2day and still no info on wmr.

1/29/10 update:
Did you get any further information yet? This morning WMR finally gave me a message saying that I should get my refund by 2/9/10 if I didn't owe debts etc..

Twain
I got the same letter in the mail, dated Jan 22nd. I called the IRS today to ask what was going on. The man verified my info and then let me know that he has no idea why the error. He sent me to fill out an address change form, since I moved. All that he could tell me was that if I don't hear anything in 45 days to call back. I don't understand what's taking so long. I have a SIMPLE return. 1 w-2, same employer since last year. I did move but that shouldn't be enough to cause them to review my return.

Also, it's strange because I check where's my refund and it still is telling me that I MAY get my refund by Feb 2nd if no mistakes were found or I don't owe taxes (I definitely don't owe)

If anyone else has had this happen, it would be nice to get an update as to how this got resolved. I did a search on the letter number 4464C and didn't find much. Also I heard that the code "WI" on the letter has something to do with your income or withholding. I did run my W-2 through a tax calculator to make sure my employer didn't mess up and everything seems okay. Just hope that we get our money soon!!!

I filed through TurboTax, and I heard that a lot of other people are having issues this year, yet again some people got their $$$ today, several days early!

Benjamin
I received the same one - Letter 4464 C. I received the letter today. It says that there is a delay in the processing of my refund and gives the following 4 reasons for the possible delay:
- Income you reported on your return
- Income tax witholding amounts you reported on your return
- Claims for tax credits you made on your return
- Business income you reported on your return

UPDATE 1-28-10
I called the Practicioner Priority Line to get some information (I wouldn't suggest this option for those who aren't enrolled and have a CAF Number) and was told that I had been a part of IRS' new system this year - the CADE system that was supposed to help expedite returns and refunds. Theoreticaly those few (around 1%) who were processed with CADE should have got their refunds 24-48 hours after the returns were accepted. Anyway, I was told that there was simply a two week delay in processing my refund because they had pulled my return for processing. In my case, my witholdings were high on a per annum basis because almost my entire years salary is paid in a few month period and the payroll software sees a large amount for a paychech and takes the taxes out accordingly. I'm reasonably sure that is why mine got pulled and once they match it with my employers W4 and 940-941, I should be alright.
What I would suggest asking is what amount of time is indicated on the delay of your refund. This won't give you a definate date, but as long as they can reconcile the information might be a reasonable estimate.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - 1 - 2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
The Causes and the Results. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2012 FinancialCrisisBlog Thursday, April 24, 2014