Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Financial Forum Search :
   Homepage      News      Financial Topics     Finance Resources      Financial Forum  
Financial Forum    Credit
Finance Discussion Forum

Veteran's Admin. Collection Account on my credit report?
I recently reviewed my credit report for the first time. I've just graduated college and have always been very particular about my credit, so I was surprised to see a "1" in my ...

Vehicle loan quote without running credit?
I am a senior in college, looking to buy about a $8000 car. Since I haven't even picked out the car yet, is there a place online where I can get a rough estimate of what interest rate & ...

Default notice, incorrectly served????
I recently received a default notice, which I attempted to comply with, (i.e. repay the money within the 7 days).

However, my creditor would not accept my money saying the matter had been ...

What is the best way to handle a store line of credit once you no longer use the account?
I recently made a one time purchase from a store with a 0% APR credit line in which they offered. I have paid the balance in full and never intend on using the card again. Is the best option still to ...

unpaid bank loans and credit cards in brittain will these be reflected my credit status in scotland?

I have a credit score around 635, is this a good score to get a decent auto loan?

how long does it take to get your first credit score HELP PLEASE?
i had my first credit card since may or june how long does it take to get my credit score help please i need it to be at lease 700 so i can get my first apartment at least by ...

questions about personal loans (secured or non-secured)?
with the credit i have which is the "poor or fair" standing with 601. It's more than likely i'll have to do a secured loan, but i have no savings, cds, or accounts or collateral. ...

Is it detrimental to my credit when buying a home to have a car loan on my credit?
I'm asking for my GF. She has no car loans, just active credit cards with zero balance, a 744 credit score. She wants to know if she retains a car loan, and then goes to get a home in 3 months ...

How do you feel about American Express Credit Cards?
all hype or.............................?...

U.S. VISA Gift Card?
I have a Vanilla VISA gift card ($50) purchased in California and I did not realize it said "Only Valid in the United States" on it. Now I"m in Canada and I'm wondering how I can ...

ebay help?!?
I Bought 5 pokemon cards from ebay but it sayes that i havent paied yet but i have 5 times.there is only one Item(5 that are 1)it sayed that i have sent the money in a green window but in a orenge it ...

How to handle credit card companies in India??
This card company took all the reward points we have earned because we have cancelled the card and not using it. I have several email from them as proof. I paid the entire amount for I used except ...

have adefault on payments even though caught up on afterwards?
can someone please tell me if still returnable as company now saying that it isn't. i would prefer to return as now a single parent and can no longer afford ...

Question about a credit card?
I called up a credit card company whose card got sent to me with my name on it, and wanted them to activate so i recorded my verbal signature over the phone to have the card activated and called ...

Has anyone heard of canwest credit from B.C.?

credit report and child support?
if you owe child support does that affect your credit rating?...

o.k. a collection agency now has a judgement on me for dept. 10years ago?
judgement was filed and granted out of my state.this was 4 years ago.i have never heard from collector or told about the judgement till i applied for loan from realator.he told me. should i contact ...

What is a fica score and how to improve it?
What is a fica score and how do you improve your score?...

I want to know how long after a negotation of a deletion would I see a deletion on my credit report?
I was being sued by a collection company for $1300.00 .We counterd sued the collection company .The collection company settled with us .We agreed to pay them $600.00 plus a proven deletion.We paid $35...

Page'
If i mess up filling out a money order can i get a new one and start over?
I bought a money order but it's my first time filling one out and i messed up. Am i totally screwed or can i get a new one and start again?
Additional Details
I bought a money order but it's my first time filling one out and i messed up. Am i totally screwed or can i get a new one and start again? I accidently put the persons address instead of mine. can i put a line through it and put MY address at the bottom and initial it?

Tracy W
In order to get a new one you will have to buy it for the same amount. Please read everything before beginning the next time.

SoulDawg 4 UGA
Rating
If YOU are the purchaser of the money order, you can straighten it out.

My question is, how did you mess this money order up? That will determine what you need to do to rectify the situation. Did you accidentally make it out to yourself? If so, you can just sign your name on the back and cash it, then get another one. Did you make it out to the wrong entity? If so, cross it out, and write the correct entity above it, and initial it...Anyway, you're not screwed. If you still have a question about what to do, just take it to where you got it, and the clerk can probably offer a suggestion.

...If you accidentally put the person's address, then don't worry about it. It doesn't really matter. The most important thing is get the person's name correct., and that you didn't write anything on the back.

normobrian
Most stores cannot cash money orders. Banks will only cash them for the person it's written to. If you totally screwed it up, you will have to contact the issuer to get a replacement, which will take several weeks. In no case can you bring it back to the store and get a replacement. Once you walk away, it's between you and the issuer, not the store.

Always buy US Postal money orders. The Post Office can help you better than a store can.

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - 1 - 2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
The Causes and the Results. 0.024
Copyright (c) 2012 FinancialCrisisBlog Wednesday, September 3, 2014