Home | Links | Contact Us | Bookmark
Financial Forum Search :
   Homepage      News      Financial Topics     Finance Resources      Financial Forum  
Financial Forum    Corporations
Finance Discussion Forum

Do you think Lowe's is going to knock Home Depot out of Business?
State your opinion and why!!...

who believes The USA is coming out of the recession?
I don't believe the media hype,the recession isn't going away anytime soon....

Is there any online money making website?
Todays in IT cenario it's said making online money is very easy.but Q is How?If this exist then is it like as:---
> paying online through A/C
> No ragistration fee
>Only ...

Why are we bailing out the auto industry?
What would happen if we didn't
Additional Details
and when the 14bill runs out what then??? seems like borrowing from Peter to pay P...

is a human being considered a monster?

I've got an interview at mcdonalds, is this a good thing?
im 16 and they want me to go in for an interview tomorrow, is this a good thing? am i going to get the job?...

Phone call from "Travel Agency Direct" said I won hotel voucher - asked for my bank's routing number. Fraud?
I provided him with my bank's name, but told him I was uncomfortable giving out the routing number. He said not to be - that everyone's routing number is the same & that he didn't ...

Why do people in upper levels of management LOVE the name badge so much & insist that people wear badges?
I have never met a Director/VP/CEO level person who isn't in love with the idea that each person in the building must wear a name tag. What's the big deal? Chances are, people who work with ...

why a person cant be happy always?
why a person cant be sad always?where does these both come from?...

I'm all for capitalism, but doesn't this sound excessive to you?
New York media conglomerate News Corp is paying $50,000 a month to rent an apartment for Chairman Rupert Murdoch. Mr. Murcoch's combined salary and bonus reached a high of $25.7 million in the ...

What you think has really happened to England's lost data?
There has been too many reports lately of so many errors of handling the personal data of many people in England. Is it just bad management alone or could there be something else going on here? (Like ...

Why do people get mad at me when I stick all of the whiteboard markers together to make a 6-foot chain?
I decided to connect all of the Expo markers in the boardroom to make a six-foot chain of markers. Now the manager is mad at me....

I ordered something off of ebay and?
When I received the package it was clearly ripped open and empty. My apartment number is 590 and the girl wrote 509 on the package. There is no 509. However what we think happened was the mail ...

Can a hotel charge your cc even if you didn't stay there?
OK, so my fiance made this reservation online a couple of days ago for a weekend stay. Our plans suddenly had to change so I called customer service to cancel the reservation. Customer service told ...

The resturaunt I'm working at is falling apart and I'm getting screwed. What can I do about it?
It is a corporate resturaunt and I'm looking for the corporate number now. (I have the store number written on my hand) Is there anything else I can do say.. they dont do a thing for me? Is ...

Does Walmart use hidden cameras on shelves or in bins?
I work at a walmart,just started recently..and I know of an unloader who ive seen steal like eyedrops and carmex from a bin in the backroom..There isnt a camera overhead to see him,think they have ...

what's the best web hosting company out there? any idea on fatcow? Every review seems biased.. :)?
any honest opinions will be greatly appreciated! :)...

How do the BBC make revenue?

How is it possible that people receive Medicaid and shop at Neiman Marcus?
I know someone that receives Medicaid, wears Prada, Burberry, Gucci etc. She says she wants to buy a house??? Come on, what should I do it's not fair!!...

What has caused Woolworths and now Zavvi to go bust?

Additional Details
Is that all it is down to? Just sales?

Woolworths in particular was a massive company, so how could they go bust? I'd expect more small businesses to ...

JK
does anybody knows why home depot ask you for an i.d when you try to return something without the receipt?

baby_love_marybeth
Rating
in case your returning something you may have broke or returning something that may not have been purchased from that store...idk

Wifey McBeaty
Rating
I'm still trying to figure out why Radio Shack asks for your phone number when you buy batteries.

nkbzodiac
Rating
cuz they're stupid

tsportsstar01
to verify your identity

ARTmom
Because it covers them if you stole it-they can find you. If you didn't steal it-it shouldn't be a big deal-but thats why

luv2sk821
Rating
just to inconvience u

Kmmv
Rating
A lot of stores do that. The reason: they have a return policy of how many times you can return stuff without a receipt per year because theft in retail is so friggin ridiculously high that that's one way that they can keep it down. I know it sucks for those of us who aren't theives and honestly lose our receipts or throw them away - but they have to do that. The computer will flag the customer service person if you have a lot of returns w/o receipt. They don't 'keep track of you' per say and they don't try to figure out if it was stolen either.

†♥e le n a♥†
Rating
depends if u bought it with a card....they would see who bought it and if its urs

Ska man
Rating
I used to work at home depot, and that place is crap. They don't allow anyone to work over 39 hours a week so they don't have to offer benefits. There is no promotional opportunties within the company, and they even stopped reimbursing employees for college.

Don't shop there. They asked for your ID because they're jerks.

bearcat
so they got a record of who turned it in in case its stolen

Huntie
Rating
auditing purposes

Jess N
Maybe they keep them on file for people who are constantly bringing things back that they didn't actually buy there.

LOL
Rating
So that they can see who you are in case it has been stollen.

R34L15T
Most places keep a record of peoples returns, if you return a lot of stuff they will look into it to see if its fraudulent

Megan W
Rating
theyre the same way as walmart. they will have your drivers lisence number on file and you can only return something 3 times without a receipt within a 6 month period. This is to assure that you aren't lifting stuff from the store and returning it for the credit.

Mary D
Rating
To make sure who you are & if it's a scam then they know where to find you.

A's Mazing
to track they enter it into data base so you don;t frequently return items

kimba
Rating
they keep track of those things to make sure you don't have a habit of returning items w/o receipts. Makes it look like you're stealing. But it's the policy in most stores now adays

chris26
because your only allowed to return so many things a year without a receipt. if you return too many things then you cant return any more. Wal mart does the same thing

Enter Your Message or Comment

User Name:  
User Email:   
Post a comment:

Archive: Forum - Forum - Links - 1 - 2 - RSS - All RSS Feeds
The Causes and the Results. 0.084
Copyright (c) 2012 FinancialCrisisBlog Tuesday, September 2, 2014